Intro Essay
30 Day Challenge
As a young horse rider I have gone through a lot of challenges and learned a lot of things over the years, from learning how to ride horses at age 7 to riding Bulls at age 19. I absolutely love training horses, and teaching them something completely new. Yes sometimes it’s very hard but the trick is, is to never give up on them and teaching them that they can trust you with whatever it is you are doing. Getting a horse to do everything you want them to in 30 days? Sure! That can be done, but then again it all depends on the horse, some will cooperate very well with training and others will test you.
I got my horse Flash on my 14th birthday, she was on her way to the killer before I bought her. She kicked and bucked and was so spirited, that I just fell in love with her the second I saw her. I have owned her for 6 years now, I have taught her everything on my own she knows dressage, trick riding, cow sorting, barrels, cutting, spinning, leg pressure, she is also amazing at ground work. Yes I baby her and I let her do whatever she wants but when its time to work her head is set and she's ready to do whatever I ask of her. Flash and I have a very strong bond we are both very hard headed, but we manage to make it work.
I chose this 30 day challenge not just for the essay but to also see if I can train a 2 year old horse in 30 days. When I will finish training this horse I hope that the owner will be happy with the outcome. So then I can teach the owner of this horse on how to control her and what she needs to do to gain respect from her horse. I would also like to teach her how to not be scared and how to take control when her 2 year old horse gets out of hand.
This 2 year old horse is the baby of the mom that I trained and am still working with her to this day her name is Jazzy she is 11 years old. She is a very smart horse but can be so stubborn at times, I am still working with her on trust and endurance. She is starting to run when I want her to but sometimes she just doesn’t want to. So I push her until she does and when she runs I stop her after a lap and pet her to let her know that’s what I want from her. Jazzy is not very tall, probably about 14.2 hands tall but I'm working with her on barrels. She is quick when she wants to be, so that’s why I'm trying to get her to open up more on her running. Jazzy's baby Misty will probably be the same height as Jazzy but she is also a quick and a very smart horse.
My goal for the next 30 days is to teach the horse (Misty) ground work, trust, and respect. If she learns all of that before the 30 days are up then I will saddle her and try to ride her. I won’t be able to run her or jump her when I do ride because she is almost 3 and her knees haven’t locked yet. Misty is a very pushy horse. She loves to pull you all directions especially wherever she wants to go. I’ve been working with her on all of her manners, she learns very well, but on the next day she acts like she has never done anything that I have taught her to do. It’s a slow progress but I’m sure she will get where I want her to be in a few days. Misty is not very tall but she has a lot of spunk and curiosity, I have a feeling that I’ll be able to at least put a saddle on her back before the 30 days are over.
My Digital Story
Artist Statement
While I was creating my digital story I focused more on how can I make this story exciting and powerful? As I added pictures, music, and affects my video I started to get butterflies in my stomach. It was time to record, after the second time I got frustrated especially after I read more than half of my paper and then boom! I mess up on a word or I just freeze because I lost my place. It got frustrating more and more after the twentieth time I recorded, I was about to pull my hair out! I stopped recording and started to put a couple of my videos in from bull riding practice. The music was upbeat it went good with what I was talking about and doing, I went with the music even though I wanted something more intense. After I put my videos in and everything looked good and in order I went back to recording. I took a couple big deep breaths and pushed record. I was reading my whole story from beginning to end with an exciting tone; I laughed a little and had a very happy and exciting voice. As I got to the end I didn’t want to mess up so I kind of slowed down a little bit, after I said my last word I pushed stop I was so happy to be done. I watched the video, tuned a little bit of stuff moved a couple pictures to the right places and there I was sitting looking at my video. I started realizing that it was so much better without me talking because all my pictures and videos said a story that I didn’t even need to explain, when I was talking the video lost its intensity and excitement. As I watched my audiences watch the video I saw their eyes glued to the screen, that’s exactly what I wanted to happen, when the video ended they were so happy and impressed with what I do for my life style. Seeing my audience excited made me so happy that words can’t even explain.
Reflection
As I sat here in my living room, going through my Intro essay, Blog, and digital story I was looking for something to tweak and fix. I will say that it is nerve-racking putting together my ePortfolio, because it’s a big project. I went through my intro essay and read it a few times but I liked it and personally I couldn’t find anything to add to it. As I looked at my Blog, I saw some changes that I needed to make. I remembered that I needed to not make it so much of a journal/diary. So I revised it to make it a little more about me and then I talked a little bit more about Misty the horse I worked with for the very first entry. I also made it more of a hook, instead of automatically starting to talk about how I worked with Misty and how she did.
This 30 day project was absolutely amazing! It was definitely challenging but to the point where I can still tolerate it. I have never created a blog before, so when I started working on mine I said to myself wow it’s not going to be as good as everyone else’s but at the end I managed to pull it off. I was very worried about my Digital story video because I have never even heard of this before I was so scared of the outcome. I wanted to pull my hair out while working on it, but when it all came together I was so relieved and excited to show it to the class with a little bit of nerves playing a role as well. Even right now I am nervous about this eportfolio, because this means it’s the end of it all for this semester this is the biggest project of them all. I am very proud of myself for pushing and making myself get through this semester even when it got hard and when it was easy.
While I was creating my digital story I focused more on how can I make this story exciting and powerful? As I added pictures, music, and affects my video I started to get butterflies in my stomach. It was time to record, after the second time I got frustrated especially after I read more than half of my paper and then boom! I mess up on a word or I just freeze because I lost my place. It got frustrating more and more after the twentieth time I recorded, I was about to pull my hair out! I stopped recording and started to put a couple of my videos in from bull riding practice. The music was upbeat it went good with what I was talking about and doing, I went with the music even though I wanted something more intense. After I put my videos in and everything looked good and in order I went back to recording. I took a couple big deep breaths and pushed record. I was reading my whole story from beginning to end with an exciting tone; I laughed a little and had a very happy and exciting voice. As I got to the end I didn’t want to mess up so I kind of slowed down a little bit, after I said my last word I pushed stop I was so happy to be done. I watched the video, tuned a little bit of stuff moved a couple pictures to the right places and there I was sitting looking at my video. I started realizing that it was so much better without me talking because all my pictures and videos said a story that I didn’t even need to explain, when I was talking the video lost its intensity and excitement. As I watched my audiences watch the video I saw their eyes glued to the screen, that’s exactly what I wanted to happen, when the video ended they were so happy and impressed with what I do for my life style. Seeing my audience excited made me so happy that words can’t even explain.
Reflection
As I sat here in my living room, going through my Intro essay, Blog, and digital story I was looking for something to tweak and fix. I will say that it is nerve-racking putting together my ePortfolio, because it’s a big project. I went through my intro essay and read it a few times but I liked it and personally I couldn’t find anything to add to it. As I looked at my Blog, I saw some changes that I needed to make. I remembered that I needed to not make it so much of a journal/diary. So I revised it to make it a little more about me and then I talked a little bit more about Misty the horse I worked with for the very first entry. I also made it more of a hook, instead of automatically starting to talk about how I worked with Misty and how she did.
This 30 day project was absolutely amazing! It was definitely challenging but to the point where I can still tolerate it. I have never created a blog before, so when I started working on mine I said to myself wow it’s not going to be as good as everyone else’s but at the end I managed to pull it off. I was very worried about my Digital story video because I have never even heard of this before I was so scared of the outcome. I wanted to pull my hair out while working on it, but when it all came together I was so relieved and excited to show it to the class with a little bit of nerves playing a role as well. Even right now I am nervous about this eportfolio, because this means it’s the end of it all for this semester this is the biggest project of them all. I am very proud of myself for pushing and making myself get through this semester even when it got hard and when it was easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment