Tuesday, March 8, 2016

How it all started








Misty is a 2 year old bay mare, she stands 14.2 hands and is a firecracker. Misty is a baby of one of the other horses i'm training her name is Jazzy and she's 11 years old. Misty and Jazzy are so much a like, from their attitude to their walk. When I saw Misty for the first time I noticed that she doesn't listen to her owner, so I decided to help them out with Misty as well. What I saw was when Misty's owner would lunge or even just walk somewhere with her then misty would try to rear or run her over. That helped a lot, because as I was watching I looked for what I needed to do and how to fix the problem. Misty wasn't hard to catch out in the pasture, she stays with the ponies because shes still not big enough to go out with the big horses. Misty needs to learn ground work and that she needs to stay out of my personal bubble. From there I will teach her how to back up and build trust. Just like you would do with any horse, trust is the key with any training.If everything goes well I hope I can put the saddle on Misty and maybe even ride her for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment