Well I got Misty out of the pony pasture no problem, she is so sweet and has such a great personality. Misty gets super excited if we go anywhere at all, she tries to run ahead of me and stops and then tries to run me over. All I can say is good thing shes still small, or she really could take me down. So I made her circle all the way to her trailer where I grain her, She definitely didn't like me working her and moving her feet all the way to the trailer but she did it with her ears pined down all the way there. Misty was very calm when she was eating so I decided to mess around with her by touching all her legs walking behind her touching her neck and her back. After she was done eating I took her into the arena I decided to lunge her she didn't know what to do so I slowly made her circle and after about 30 minutes she figured out what to do. Misty still tried to rear, kick me, and run me over, but every time she did I would take a whip and hit her in the butt with it. Its almost like a spank, I cant hit her to hard or else she will think i'm going hurt her the whole time and then I wont be able to catch her in the pony pasture.
Lunging
Here is a video that will show you a little of the basics on how to teach your horse how to lunge by a guy that you might already know Clinton Anderson.
No comments:
Post a Comment