Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I dont know how to explain it but I always had a deep connection with horses. I can feel them I know their reaction before they even do it, I know how they are feeling and I know what they are capable of before they do. Today was the first day of training I got Misty to Lunge and I let her know that rearing, kicking, and running me over is not okay. Yesterday I got her out and fed her then I put her out to let her know that every time I do get her out it wont always be work work work. Anyway, today I got her out as usual I gave her some grain and brushed her off. I took her into the arena lunged her again she did a little better after I got her going she still kicked and reared and definitely tried to run me over. But I did the same thing I spanked her until she stopped kicking and rearing. when I said "Ho" and puled her face towered me she didn't stop because she didn't know What I wanted form her so I said "Ho" again and pulled her face in towered me even harder. That  time she stopped in a dime, looked at me and licked her lips, when a horse licks its lips or puts its head down towered the ground that it a great sign that means she is paying attention and she understands what i'm doing. I was super happy because that was the first time I saw that she was calm and that she understood what I want from her, even if she still acted like a mare.

This is a video of Clinton lunging a pushy horse by Clinton Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment